Hot Aire! and Fresh Aire! Social Activities 2019
- 19 March – Matilda
- Who to ask for Details: Cat Henderson
- Where/Time: Bradford Alhambra, 7.30 pm
- Cost: £49 (non group rate of £58 if less than 12) (Stalls seating)
- 19 May – Walk
- Who to ask for Details: Linda Stafford
- Where/Time: TBC
- 23 June – Picnic in the park and bandstand music
- Who to ask for Details: Linda Stafford or Jo Nash
- Where/Time: Roberts Park near the bandstand – 2-4pm
- 27 July-2 August – Hot Aire! on tour!
- Who to ask for details: :Linda Stafford
- Where: Bavaria
We have an active social programme which includes band dinners, especially the annual awards dinner each February, and other activities such as bowling, spa days and outings. The band particularly enjoys going to shows at local theatres; recent trips have included Wicked, The Lion King, Cats and Legally Blonde. Any ideas for social activities always welcome – we like to give anything a go!
For more information about social events please talk to Jo Nash, Linda or Cat. Alternatively, contact us by email.
Walk in Grassington
Canal boat trip
Coffee and cake
Cable car ride
Out and about
Every year the band also goes ‘on tour’. We alternate between week-long tours, usually abroad, and long weekends in the UK for sectional rehearsals and social activities. Band trips and weekends are open and accessible to all – family and friends always welcome. In recent years the band has been to The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Orkney and the Isle of Wight. In 2019 Hot Aire! will go to Bavaria. In 2020, following the sad closure of the much-loved Sneaton Castle, the long weekend will be at Cober Hill near Scarborough.